For many of us spring can't get here fast enough. Let's choose a day in our lives that have made us laugh, feel excited, or given us hope. Please use as much descriptive language as you can. Use the title listed, then add your name (first names only) to create your own unique title.
A Day in the Life of Mrs. Whelan
Every summer in August my family and I go down to Georgia to visit my sister and her family. This past August, we made a stop in Tennessee to stay for a couple of days at a resort called Wilderness in the Smokies. This beautiful, rustic resort has a water park with four pools. Three of the pools are equipped with water slides, tube slides, and fort-type structures to play on.
One of our favorite attractions was the bucket that filled up with water. Every few minutes or so, after the bucket was filled, it would dump its contents on the eagerly awaiting people below. This bucket held 1000 gallons of water!
My sons, Liam and Donovan, each had different feelings about this attraction. Liam, my 7-year-old, would sit in my lap with his face covered. When he heard the water beginning to dump, he'd scream with fear and joy. Donovan, my 3-year-old, liked me to hold him with his face looking UP TOWARD THE WATER! This cracked me up! No one in our family would do that except our Donovan. He is fearless beyond belief (which of course gives me gray hair!) He really enjoyed the rush he got from this experience.
This summer, we again will visit my sister and her family. I know my children will insist that we stop again at The Wilderness in the Smokies. Maybe this time, I'll look up at that falling water!
6 comments:
A Day In The Life Of Mrs. Vincent
Every year I look forward to my birthday. I love that each and everyone of us gets to celebrate himself or herself one day every year.
Last year I had one of my best birthdays yet! It wasn't a milestone birthday...although I am getting close to 30...but let's not talk about that. My husband and my sister made it a day I will never forget
Unfortunately, my husband had to work, but he set up an all day scavenger hunt for me. My sister, my parents, and our son, Jordan, came with me on this great adventure. My husband knows me perfectly and had us on a crazy road trip to all of my favorite places.
It all started with the first clue...I had to solve a riddle to figure out where exactly we were going and then had a mission to complete when I got there. We ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I had an amazing chicken sandwich oozing with swiss cheese and creamy guacamole and then completed my mission by finishing off a decadent slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake.
Next, we were off to Barnes and Noble, where I got to choose my very own book. I ended up getting two, actually: Eclipse from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. We had fun riding up and down the escalators, too!
The day went on and on and we made more trips to my favorite places like Coldstone Creamery and Old Navy. I felt special to have the whole day planned for me and to be able to spend the whole day with my family. I wonder what he'll think up for my birthday this year?!
On November 7th, 2008, I experienced one of the most special days of my life... one that I will never forget!
I pulled into my driveway and came home from a long day of school, this day included a string of parent-teacher conferences. As I entered my home through the garage, which led me to the laundry room, I noticed red rose petals sprinkling the ground I walked on. My first thought that raced through my mind was my one year old puppy, Payton. I had suspected that he got a hold of some flowers and made a mess throughout my home! But then I heard music..... this music seemed familiar. It was soft and romantic. My heart raced as I followed the trail of rose petals into the living room.
I peeked my head around the corner and saw hundreds of red rose petals covering the carpeted room. A video of pictures played on the television. Then I saw candles burning on every table and in every corner... but my eyes went directly to the man on his knees. Jeremy (my fiance) had a piece of paper in his hand and tears streaming down his face. That's when I knew what was about to happen...
As he reached for my hand and directed me to sit down, he read his message aloud. He was trembling! I covered my face... I experienced a variety of emotions as he read - I laughed, I cried and I smiled! Then he said the words... "Stephanie, will you marry me?" And of course, I said "YES!" This is the day that will be forever engraved in my heart...
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF NICOLE
EVERY YEAR I LOVE LOOKING FORWARD TO MY BIRTHDAY BECAUSE I GET SO MUCH LOVE AND PRESENTS.ALSO I LOVE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEIN MY FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY MAKE ME LAUGH SO MUCH.
THIS YEAR IM TURNIN 16 AND IM GOIN TO 6 FLAGS WITH ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS.THIS IS THE DAY THAT I THINK ABOUT ALL YEAR UNTIL IT PAST THEN I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY NEXT BIRTHDAY
ALSO I CAN'T WAIT TO GO JOB HUNTING I AM GOING TO APPLY AT SO MANY JOBS.I BEEN WAITING ALL MY LIFE TO MAKE EXTRA CASH INSTEAD OF ASKING MY MOM ALL THE TIME.
I WILL TOUCH MYSELF THIS YEAR BECAUSE WHEN I GET A JOB I AM GOING TO PAY MY MOM ALOT OF MONEY FOR TAKING CARE OF ME AND BUYNG ME EVERYTHING AND ALSO JUST FOR HAVING ME. I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE IN LIFE
NICOLE
Last Night me and my mom went to the book fair. We had lots of fun. The first book we bought was the two Star Wars The Clone Wars books and they are chapter books too. The next book is the Obama book. The book is all about Obama. Then the next book is Hooray for Fly Guy who plays football. The next book is a Pokemon draw book where you draw Pokemon. It was fun to go with my mom!
Zachary
A Day in the Life of Zac
A couple of summers ago my family stayed at a resort in Wisconsin.It was called Timberidge Lodge. There they had a water park indoors and outdoors.
They also had a lazy river.The lazy river runs through the outer edge of the water park. One day at the river my brother and I had a race. The water was going slow so we had to push our tubes to a part where the water gets fast. Then we hopped in the tube and were off! We raced all the way around the water park. It was hard because you had to push the tube in water that had a current going the same way. Eventually my brother and I had a tied series. He won one I won one. It was so much fun I wish I could live at the resort.
A Day in the Life of Paige
One of my best days is the first day I went to Disney World. It was also my first time when I went on my very first airplane ride. It was so much fun but when we went to take off I did not like that feeling. It felt like a roller coaster. But when we got there it was so hot, I had to roll my pants up and take off my jacket. But I loved the palm trees. They were so pretty.
When we got to the hotel, I jumped on the bed and just laid there. I was so tired! Then the next day we were at this one Disney Park. That's the one with the big hat, but I don't know the name for it. We saw High School Musical there and they performed right in front of the big hat. It was so fun watching them perform but we didn't stay there for the whole thing. We stayed there for two or three songs but then we had to go eat! It was fun to see High School Musical perfromed there. All in all it was the best day of my entire life!
Post a Comment