Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mini Poem

This idea came from a colleague, Mrs. Kocsis. I am not sure if this is an original idea or one that was borrowed. But for the purpose of this challenge, I wanted to give credit to her for bringing this idea for the blog. OK, so here's how it works:  Write a 3-line, 3-stanza poem that is structured like this:

The first two lines are truths (about you)
The last line is a lie (about you)

Here's mine:

I make candles
And jewelry for my family
I also make cars

I love Thanksgiving
And putting up my Christmas tree
I kissed Santa under the mistletoe

My two boys are ten and six
They both take karate classes
And they are secret Ninjas!

So have fun!!!! I am excited to see what you all come up with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Alex

My name is Tank
I play football
I once made someone's helmet explode

I also am a wrestler
I am really good at wrestling
I once wrestled a bear and won

I love video games
Battlefield is better than Call of Duty
I am the most interesting man in the world.

Anonymous said...

by Nathan

I like to play soccer and to run
I traveled around to a lot of places
I drink coffee

I have read tons of books
I play a lot of sport
I fell out of a plane

At home I eat bananas
As well I also jump around on a trampoline
My name is Gandalf

Ann said...

Tank & Nathan wrote some poems
They really made me smile
Now I'll go and eat some pie :-)

Maria said...

About Maria...
I hate elevators.
I like picking up my grandma from the airport.
I crashed into a telephone pole with my airplane.

I like putting up my Christmas tree.
I hate that my brother gets to open his presents first.
I'm friends with all of Santa's elves.

About Mrs. Redden...
I love to go to the movies.
My favorites are popcorn and Raisinettes.
I starred in the movie Breaking Dawn.